19-22 January 2022 | Budapest – Hungary
SzólóDuó 2022 will take place live in Budapest that is our goal and intention. However preparing to every scenario regarding the changing rules and travel restrictions due to the pandemic we will ask participants for a video recording when applying. Hopefully it won’t be the case but if the festival can not happen live we will move it online. Thus you will need a video about your performance when applying!
The competition program of the Festival can receive 20 solo and 20 duo performances to avoid overstressing the jury and the audience. We want to ensure the possibility for everyone to perform regardless of the large number of applications, therefor SzoloDuo Festival is going to be completed with nomination-rounds. The nomination rounds will be held in three different countries.
The festival can not host performances in which there is no intention for a unique presentation, which means improvisations without any structure, or a choreography that was performed before will not be accepted.
Application deadline to the Hungarian-nomination round: 15 November 2021
Application deadline to the video round: 15 November 2021
(The latest arrival date of the application form, the youtube link!)
If the applicant wishes to perform his /her show live in the Hungarian nomination-round is welcome but his/her trip is self-financed.
Orkesztika Alapítvány (Foundation) reserves the right for all changes.
Conditions for application:
Winners of the previous year in Budapest festival (best solo or duo) can go into the competition program automatically without taking part in any of the pre-nomination rounds.
This year we would like to emphasize the professional evaluation of each performance.
The sequence of the performances will be decided by chance.
We will ensure the same light technique and the same time-extent for the stage rehearsal for all the participants of the Festival.
- Applicants must be at least 16 years old.
- The length of a solo performance can not be more than 6 minutes, and not more than 9 minutes in case of duo performances. Overrunning these time limits cause automatically disqualification of the participant
- Tools or instruments can be used in the performances but only if their installation is not taking more than 30 seconds previous to the performance.Tools (candles, water, dye) that can damage or soil the stage floor are forbidden to use!
- One choreographer/performer can apply with one solo and one duo production maximum.
- Present a complete registration material before deadline, which includes:
Filled registration form
– Confirmation of paid registration fee
– Link of the video (in case of video nomination)
– Press-quality picture
- Accept terms of participation
- In order to attend the festival participants have to follow the actual rules about COVID-19 and participants travelling from abroad have to fulfill the actual entry regulations to Hungary at the time. Please make sure to check it out at the consular service!
The application data cannot be changed!
The foundation can give supported accommodation to 15 foreign participants in our studio, but can not pay the travelling and the catering costs.